Thursday, February 8, 2018

The Coin Hype - Augmented Reality

Looking for virtual coins in real places
The year 2017 has been amazing for cryptocurrencies. According to Etherscan, at the time of writing there were already 37035 coins created in the biggest currency creation platform, Ethereum.

In my book "The Greek Tragedy", I propose that one way out of the financial crisis is the usage of alternative currency. In theory, as I describe in the book, everyone who produces something can issue currency and accept payments in it. In my book I describe the fictious story of a baker, Captain George, who issues a coin that can be exchaged for his spinach pies. Back in 2014, when I wrote the book, technology had not evelved but now this fictious story can be implemented within a matter of days.

One recent addition to the cryptohype is Cryptohunt. Cryptohunt is an augmented reality game, just like Pokemon Go, that rewards users with coins if they find them in various real places. In order to catch the coins the gamer needs to physically go to a location and grab them with his mobile device. Just like Pokemon Go, this game will be supported by sponsors who will pay the gaming company for driving customers to their premises. However, unlike Pokemon Go, the profits will not entirely flow to the company but to the gamers themselves in exchange of its virtual currency CH token.

The game is expected to be a blast, since virtual currencies are exchangeable to real currencies in currency exchanges like Binance and HitBTC. This means that if the coin is listed on an exchange and depending on its exchange value, a gamer can earn a small or a big amount of money.

The future of cryptocurrencies is bright. The ease of use, the ease of exchange, their worldwide validity and the technology supporting them outsmarts traditional fiat currencies. The technology is yet immature, but don't wait for long! It is coming to a theatre near you soon!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Angelos. I hope this is good way to contact you. I have been assigned to read and review your book in review group Round 178. You can contact me via flparker1941@gmail.com and send a copy. My preference is for .mobi which I can read on my Kindle.

    ReplyDelete